Wednesday, August 7, 2013

ArduSat is In SPACE!!! (and AIAA Sydney Section tour of Canberra)

omg it's SPACE!!!
So Greg Chamitoff came to speak at the ANU a couple of weeks back (with U Syd and AIAA) and he said everyday, his commander would wake him up with "Guess what? WE'RE IN SPACE!!! =D"

Anyways, ArduSat was launched into space in the early morning (AEST, which is similar to Japan time) between the AIAA tour days when some students from Sydney came over to visit Canberra's Aeronautical and Aerospace stuff =P

I was so tired helping out and staying up and waking before 9 that I skipped the live launch, but here it is in all its glory (launch at 47:30). Rocket is JAXA's H-IIB, ArduSat is piggybacking on the HTV-4 resupply mission to the ISS, and will be deployed off Kibō [yes, I was a bit annoyed with the pronunciation of Kibō xP]



ArduSat was my first Kickstarter project I backed with $1 =P (Poor student who really wanted to afford time for operation of ArduSat). It's also apparently partly built in Australia. And has a goal for education and science, you could buy time on the kickstarter and I assume before EOL they'll have time for other people to do some science/education with it! Test and learn your arduino programs on the spacecraft here! =)


Here's a video about AITC, one of the places (CDSCC, AITC, ATSB and ADFA/UNSW@Canberra)  where the AIAA tour went in Canberra; by a Melbourne Hackerspace/Maker Jonathan Oxer (who not so coincidentally worked on ArduSat):


UPDATE 16/7/2014:  I posted some photos of the AITC when we visited here. I posted a lot more (100+) photos on facebook back around when this post came out which you can view if you're my "friend". =P

No comments:

Post a Comment